Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pretty Pink Always Cards

Well I will thank my customers Jackie and Lori for asking me to make a flower for inspiring my retro flower card and then Geraldine  and Amanda for talking about pink and asking me to show them how to make the flower the other night for these cards.  After class I went and put the flower I made demoing how to make the flower on a card and this is what I got-and since the paper was out I decided to keep going and try out my new Butterfly die.  I learned a couple tricks as I was making these-one if you heat the pop up glue dots with the heat tool and then push the flower into it the flower holds together way better.  Both flowers are now hanging with out popping up and coming apart.  the other thing I discovered is that if I use a Q-tip to ink the edges of the die cut edge it makes a much neater well contained inking then using a sponge or dauber-and I can throw it out when I'm done-it takes a lot longer but the edges on this card were worth it since the style was fussy not antiqued.  What do You think?

6 comments:

specialcraftmom4 said...

Both cards are just soooo stunning! Pink is my favorite color (: Great Job!

Gina Lindsay said...

This is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Anne,
I love what you did with the butterfly.......just beautiful.

Kryssi said...

theeseeee areeeee gorgeoussssssss!

Unknown said...

Your cards are beautiful. I love how you stamped on the butterfly.

Unknown said...

OMG!!! I love these cards!!! I am sooo casing these!!